Hello and welcome! This space is a developing community in support of Black designers and creatives worldwide.
- Add a photo to your profile and introduce yourself on our #welcome channel. Feel free to share external links to your Instagram, Linkedin or website/portfolio here too. Get involved and comment on other member’s posts.
- Take some time to explore other channels and conversations that might be of interest to you. We often post official updates in #announcements.
- This community is an open and respectful space for all to support Black designers. We do however have one locked channel #blackcaucus which is invite only and solely for Black members.
- If you are a new Black member, here are instructions to be added to the #blackcaucus channel:
- To help the volunteer fulfill your request, please have an easily identifiable photo in your profile picture. Easily identifiable includes:
- A Headshot
- A selfie
- A candid photo
- No illustrations
- @ or message one of our volunteer members to add you to the #blackcaucus channel.
- Please do not add other members. If you know anyone that is black that wants to be added to this space/channel, please tell them to make a request through the WATBD volunteer team.
- Have fun!
- If you would like to make a new channel please make a request through the WATBD volunteer team.
Here are some things to remember:
- Most importantly, support the Black members of the community.
- Be welcoming, be kind, look out for each other.
- Understand that speech and actions have consequences.
- Treat all members with respect, courtesy, and dignity.
- Contribute in a positive and constructive way.
- Be trustworthy.
- Share mindfully.
- Communicate with empathy.
- Be clear and stay on topic.
- Keep it “tidy.”
- If you have witnessed inappropriate behaviour, suspicious activity that goes against the code of conduct or feel uncomfortable for any reason please alert one of our volunteers.
- We do not tolerate any insensitive or offensive language.
- We will not hesitate to remove users who do any of the following: Threats of violence, hate speech and discrimination, bullying or harassment, impersonation, doxing and violation of privacy, spam, sharing of copyrighted or illegal content, and/or exploitation.
If we find any members of this community performing any of the misconduct outlined here, you’ll be given one warning and then any additional actions will result in you being removed from WATBD community.
The current admins for the WATBD channel are:
Last updated: 08/2020Join Our Slack ↗