We are a strategy first brand design agency with decades of experience spanning startups to fortune 500 companies in entertainment, lifestyle, and tech. We're looking for an ambitious Brand Designer who appreciates a great story and believes that videogames are the future of the interactive entertainment industry. Videogame industry experience is a bonus, a passion for games and gaming culture is a requirement.
In any studio, interactions, camaraderie and connections are the key to success. You will contribute to building a positive culture where everyone thrives.
This is a contract-to-hire position with the opportunity to become a full-time role at the end of the contract.
The Brand Designer focuses on the creative challenges on any given project or program and they understand how brand thinking connects everything we do. Designers work closely with ADs to discover rich ideas and solutions. Designers help bring these concepts to life. As creative practitioners, they drive innovation, deliver on quality, put our client’s needs first…and have a little fun along the way.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with Sr Designers, Art Directors and CD’s to develop insightful solutions to client problems.
- Demonstrate our value in the work you do.
- Help visualize what our clients need based on the context of the brand, who they are competing with for their fan’s attention and what their fans want and need.
- Communicate effectively with program managers and creative leads to ensure efficient and effective creative development.
- Come into work each day and ready for the challenge. Show us how it’s done.
- Elevate our team’s value in the eyes of our friends and clients.
- Care deeply about design, innovation and your contribution to what Skylight can become.
WHAT YOU BRING TO SKYLIGHT:
- Portfolio demonstrating mastery of design fundamentals.
- Strong foundation in art practice: color, composition, form, light and shadow.
- 2-3 years design experience (agency or internal brand team).
- Understanding of design thinking and appreciation for how it guides creative.
- Healthy sense of ambition.
- Solid, foundational brand design skills (marks, type, color, composition).
- Experienced in photo, illustration, publishing and presentation software and relevant tools.
- Ability to take direction and communicate your ideas in a dynamic environment.
- Great collaborator and communicator.
- Fearless adoption of new technologies.
- Pro-active learner, spotting trends and helping our studio deliver what tomorrow will demand.
- Some knowledge of high-level image making.
- Basic 3D or Motion skills.
- You have spent hundreds of hours playing games.
- UI/UX experience.
- Passion for gaming as an art form and a deep understanding of the broader industry landscape.
- Tell us a bit more about yourself! Pick one of the following to include with your application:
- Provide a snapshot of a few key trends driving the gaming industry. Bring a point of view.
- Create a visualization that shows your process and approach to collaboration.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Opportunity to work on a variety of influential and interesting brand work.
- A highly collaborative work environment.
- A competitive salary.
- Flexible Vacation Policy. We are all hard working adults with a strong work ethic.
- A culture of trust and respect. See above.
- Health Insurance. We are nothing without our health.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
We are currently operating in a WFH configuration, with a Hybrid option. It is possible that in the future we will shift to a more permanent hybrid model.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
This is a contract-to-hire position with the opportunity to become a full-time exempt position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, between the hours of 9:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. or as scheduled by the Managing Director.
Limited travel may be required as necessary for the role.
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE:
US citizenship evidenced via current I-9 process or Permanent Resident Card.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Skylight is an equal opportunity employer. Our policy is to make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee's race, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, marital status, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all personnel activities including employment, promotion, compensation and termination.
Skylight does not tolerate sexual harassment of any employee by another employee, supervisor, vendor, or customer for any reason.