Scratch is a creative programming language and the world’s largest online coding community for children and teens. Children around the world use Scratch and ScratchJr to create their own interactive games, stories, and animations -- and share their creations with one another. In the process, they learn to think creatively, reason systematically, and work collaboratively. Last year, more than 30+ million children and teens around the world created projects with Scratch.
A brand experience designer who will collaborate on designing and maintaining a brand experience and presence that is welcoming to everyone and empowers people from all backgrounds to engage with Scratch as a product and creative learning movement.
Key Qualifications (or Skills and Experience)
* Passion for designing creative/expressive experiences and solving unique problems
* Experience working with design software including Sketch, Figma, Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop
* Experience maintaining brand standards and applying the brand consistently across an array of platforms and media
* Experience laying out large amount of content on responsive websites
* Experience developing illustrations and graphics for communication
* Strong sense of systems oriented design
* Strong interest in using inclusive research processes to inform design decisions
* Experience working with a project/product manager and communication teams
* Passion for learning new skills
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Degree in visual design or four years of equivalent experience
* U. S. work authorization required
* Experience creating motion graphics
>>> Please include a link to your portfolio as part of your application. <<<
Candidates located in the Eastern time zone are strongly preferred. Candidates not located in the metro Boston area are expected to travel 4-6 times per year for in-person meetings and/or conferences.
The salary range for this position at $87,300.
The Scratch Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. Scratch welcomes people of all ages, races, ethnicities, religions, abilities, sexual orientations, and gender identities. We especially encourage historically marginalized identities to apply.